VS-1824CD Digital Studio Workstation

VS1824CD

I got it, but I confess my experience is limited, I'm at the beginning of the learning curve, so I expect I'll have a lot more for you as time goes on. My initial impression is that Roland has almost written an intelligible user's manual, apparently a first for Roland! I can tell you that it's just the right size to sit on top of a 19" desktop rack, which is handy. What I have learned is that its a-d converter and pres can profit from outboard support. Give it a signal that is already digital if you can, and get a good pre w/ digital I/O's. Initial quality of the recorded signal has been wonderful when these conditions are met. If you buy this baby I'm sure we'll be talking. Also, if you're not aware of it, check out VSPlanet on line, where you can question numerous users. Best of luck, Richie

cool

ok. do you recommend any other accesories to go with it? im trying to get a simple setup, couple of guitars, a drums machine, bass and some computer software.

Do you think ill need an external mixer before burning it to a cd?

jonjon and ritchie,

Good luck with the 1824. I've got the 1680 and all I can say is toss the manual. It sucks. But jonjon, you don't need anything external to get up and running with the 1824--that's the beauty of it. As long as you have a mic or instument, you can record, mix, add FX and ultimately master to CD.

Eventually you'll want to get a decent mic preamp, since the Roland onboards suck, but other than that the internal FX are really all you need to get started. Be sure to check out the www.vsplanet.com site if you have questions deciphering the manual.

Good luck and have fun. They're a bitch, but no doubt they're great machines.

Back