Roland 880ex

glaciersofice

Does anyone know if it's possible to export .wav files to a computer via zip disc? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Roland has it's own compression format so if you wanted a WAV file you would probably have to record real time from either the analog or digital outs.

Try this...
http://www.thegoodlibrary.com/VSWaveExport.html

Works great with my VS2480 and from what i see in the docs, has been tested on 880's as well.

Good luck

:)
Thank you thank you thank you!!! That is AWESOME!!! Why couldn't someone have come up with this years ago! You wouldn't believe the incredible hassles me and many others have gone through to copy those files with spdif to a computer. You are GOD!!! :D

Attachments

• xxxxxxxx.jpg
    xxxxxxxx.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 84
Thank you thank you thank you!!! That is AWESOME!!! Why couldn't someone have come up with this years ago! You wouldn't believe the incredible hassles me and many others have gone through to copy those files with spdif to a computer. You are GOD!!! :D

Oh yeah...

Been down the Roland 'Wave Export' trail too many times to count... When this app was finished I couldn't believe the amount of saved time I was getting back...

Glad I could help!

Ok this is stellar...

but. Is there any kind of connection cable, that will allow me to connect the harddrive to my laptop?

This would be an absolute god send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got this link from another user a while ago but i was lost in the words. and havent gone back to it. Now that i see it in dumbed down terms i am STOKED!!!!

Suggestions????? please.

this has been a thorn in my side for EVER!!!!

Ok this is stellar...

but. Is there any kind of connection cable, that will allow me to connect the harddrive to my laptop?

This would be an absolute god send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got this link from another user a while ago but i was lost in the words. and havent gone back to it. Now that i see it in dumbed down terms i am STOKED!!!!

Suggestions????? please.

this has been a thorn in my side for EVER!!!!
Disregard my photo. I had an ide cable adapter laying around which is what's in the photo, but I also did it with an external case with a usb connector. ;) Similar to this:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...log_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAw - ps-sellers

I picked up a new one for $4.

It doesn't have to be sata...that just happened to be the first link that popped up when I searched.

so what would i do? just buy the case, then put the VS harddrive into that and then connect it via usb and follow the directions on that link up there?

How do i know what kind of case to get?

The program also works with backups of your VS data (assuming that you ARE backing up your projects to CD/DVD)... ;)

Just put the CD/DVD with your backed up project(s) into your computer's CD/DVD drive and select 'Rip from CDR' in the menu...

That opens a window where you insure that the drive letter matches your CD/DVD drive and the destination of the Ripped files.

After the ripper runs, all the tracks show up in the Wave Export program... Works REAL slick!

Wave files are in the computer and you have a good reason to back-up your projects regularly.

The program also works with backups of your VS data (assuming that you ARE backing up your projects to CD/DVD)... ;)

Just put the CD/DVD with your backed up project(s) into your computer's CD/DVD drive and select 'Rip from CDR' in the menu...

That opens a window where you insure that the drive letter matches your CD/DVD drive and the destination of the Ripped files.

After the ripper runs, all the tracks show up in the Wave Export program... Works REAL slick!

Wave files are in the computer and you have a good reason to back-up your projects regularly.

i havent found a compatible burner for my Vs :(

Also thanks corvette. i may give this a try this wekeend. If it works. I am going ot be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

effin pumped.

i havent found a compatible burner for my Vs :(

Also thanks corvette. i may give this a try this wekeend. If it works. I am going ot be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

effin pumped.
I know what you mean. I quit using my VS machine because it's such a hassle to get the files into a compluter. Now I'm thinking about buying another later model. :p

Thanks so much guys! But would it be possible to transfer the files through the zip discs? It'd be less of hassle than using CDs (at least I think so)

Thanks so much guys! But would it be possible to transfer the files through the zip discs? It'd be less of hassle than using CDs (at least I think so)

I don't see why not?

I used to use a Jaz drive and it worked just fine with that.

Just COPY the project to the Zip disk, insert the cartridge into your computer's Zip drive and fire up the program... It should see the Roland files on the cartridge and allow you to select which ones you want to convert.

Let us know how it worked for you!

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded the updated drivers for my maudio sound device and it has ASIO drivers included,

i was able to to successfully play the roland tracks and record them to my daw effortlessly....

NO drop outs no nothing.

Mind you it went one track at a time but the fact is it did it with out a hitch. well one. There was an odd sonor ping like blip half way thru one track in the playback but it didnt effect the syncronization of the tracks...

Exciting. after 3 years of tinkering (and not spending a fortune on new gear) i got it.

I was a very happy guy last nigh.

I downloaded the updated drivers for my maudio sound device and it has ASIO drivers included,

i was able to to successfully play the roland tracks and record them to my daw effortlessly....

NO drop outs no nothing.

Mind you it went one track at a time but the fact is it did it with out a hitch. well one. There was an odd sonor ping like blip half way thru one track in the playback but it didnt effect the syncronization of the tracks...

Exciting. after 3 years of tinkering (and not spending a fortune on new gear) i got it.

I was a very happy guy last nigh.
Why one track at a time?

It only has one input on the maudio, so my only way to get it in is via the lame headphone out jack wit hthe track panned to '0' and hope that i get a decent level out of it.

I am thinking i need the fast track pro or ultra for the spdif inputs. But this will suffice for now till the chrsitmas bills are paid up..

I bought a VS-1880. I was getting the 16/48 files from my VS-880EX, now I'm getting 24/48 files from the VS-1880. They sound really good. Thanks again Bent! :)

Looks like the goodlibrary site is down. I wonder if it's temporary. :confused: I'm glad I grabbed that program while it was available. :)

Back