Recording drum loops

NirvanaFun

Hello,
I recently purchased a Boss 1200 Recorder. Before this, I had a Boss BR-8 so I understand a great deal of this powerful machine. However, the BR-8 did not contain drum and bass loops.

I am having troubles understanding how the drum loops work. I watched a Boss 1600 video a couple times, and tried to follow along in the book and just don't get it.

For now, all I want to do is record the provided drum loop onto a track. In other words...

I created a song. Instead of using the Metronome to keep in time while I record guitar parts, I chose Pattern/Edit and chose the appropriate drum loop and set the tempo.

Drum: P022 (Rock 04-V2)

On my Boss, the drums are controlled in tracks 9/10 Drums/Loop

Here's my question... This drum beat is good enough to simply record along with my other tracks. How do I record this onto a track? I tried bouncing it onto track 1 and no go.

My assumption is that this drum loop is maybe 4 measures long, and I need to create an arrangement? So, if my song is 70 measures long, I will need to create an arrangement with this loop 70 measures long?

This part is very confusing. The drum loops are arranged in P001, U001, and S001. I just don't quite get it.

Help please? I really would like to get a handle on this and create some great sounding drum tracks along with my songs.

Thanks
David

S001 >> S = Song. You want to create your arrangement and save it as a S____ . Then call it up as a new project/song. No need to bounce it to a track until you are ready to mix down your first bounce (or the whole song if you don't have too many tracks).

Okay that may be part of my problem. Let me explain what I use The Boss 1200 for. I only use it to record my instruments into, using very few effects.

I then use the USB ability and export all the tracks to my computer, where I use N-Track mixing software to mixdown the song. So, I never mixdown on the Boss.

Is there a way to bounce it to a track so that I may export the wav file?

Could someone help explain to me how to record drum loops, if I am not going to do a final mixdown on the Boss? Well, and if I must do a mixdown, I could just mixdown the drum track. As long as it is a wav file to import it into my mixing software, N-Track.
Anyone? Please?

I tried that and it acts as though there is nothing there. Remember, I am just using a drum loop that probably only consists of a couple measures. That cannot be bounced. I need help in doing the Arrangement part. Taking that 2 measure loops and creating a drum pattern like U001. Consisting of 75 measure long.

Have you read the manual? You have to make your song/arrangement first - programming it measure by measure.

I have read the manual, and I have a tutorial video from a Boss 1600 which is basically the same. I didn't get a few things. Didn't make sense.
How about I try again, and when I run into a question, can I ask you? Have you actually made a song arrangement of drums?
Thanks

Back