Please give me feedback!!!

I like the song a lot! Sounds like song that could be in a movie...a guy with sunglasses, riding in a convertable down the freeway...it's got so much attitude!

If I would change anything, first would be to put real drums on it...second would be to use a different effect on the guitar solo, maybe no effect at all, just the distortion. Just a suggestion. ;)

What did you record this song on?

Darth

The song was recorded on a VS-880EX using a Boss GT-3 guitar effects processor. The vox were recorded using a sm-57 which I dont like to use for vocals, I have since upgraded to a Marshall 1006. The Drums are a Zoom machine which I didnt even program, kinda just let it go. Hence no fills. I am honored that YOU listened to my mp3 as I see your postings on the VS Planet so I am familiar with your name.

Hi King. I agree with ditching the Shure for vocals. Aside from a nice Dire Straits over-verbed vocal, the combination lacks clarity. This is the techno-bull way of saying that I can't understand a word you're saying most of the time! Get a condenser mic and back off on the vox effects. I like the lead guitar on the first track, but it sounds very compressed to me. Try mixing the rythym guitar down and boost both the gain on the lead and a little midrange EQ boost (I said a little) might add some sparkle. And please use humans for drummers-Richie

Back