PC/Roland file sharing?

I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm very new to recording digitally. I bought a Roland VS1880 and the CDRII burner thingy to back up my recordings (what a PAIN in the ass THAT was). I have friends in other parts of the world that send me songs to record guitar parts for, but can I track those on the Roland, and then convert them to .wav files? I've heard the Roland stuff is very proprietary.

And, to be clear, I have only half a clue on how to use the 1880 in the first place.

Also, is it possible to use Cool Edit wlth tracks recorded on the Roland?

Thanks in advance...

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm new to this BBS.

Earl, I know that the 2480 can do that, but I'm not sure about the 1824. Check out more of the 1824 stats, and see if it can do a wav import and track export to CD. If it can do this, then you can import and export wav files via a CD between the 1824 and your rig.

However, if Roland would just develop VSTransfer (like the old days) we wouldn't have to deal with any of this. Transfers of wav files would be a breeze.

Darth

Thanks to everyone. Like I said, it's all very new to me, and I'm new to the board, so every little bit helps.

I've heard that the VS24 series can do these things, but I'm not so sure the VS1880 can. And if it can, I sure as hell wouldn't know where to begin!

But I'm thinking this board is a pretty good start. Thanks.
Bob

Back