help with vs840 vocal settings

BillyKid

Hi, I know this is a pain, but I would appreciate some help. I have found most of the preset vocal settings to be mostly useless. However, being essentially a dunce at these things, I have been unable to tweak them to achieve anything like a really good vocal track. I have the old unupgraded vs840. Would someone mind sharing with me their settings to achieve a reasonably good vocal. I am not looking for anything bizarre - just vocal with good depth and presence and bite - what most people want in a vocal, reality, clarity - that rich "you are there" feeling - like good vocals on any professional, vocals front and center recording. If you like you can send it to me at lcarkuff@stny.rr.com. I would really appreciate this. please share with me both your type and your starting patch and your edits to the patch. I have the feeling I am not getting anything like the performance I should be able to get out of this machine. I can get something passable, but nothing sounding like the professionally recorded vocal I am looking for. Thanks very sincerely, doug carkuff

Try using the "ambient vocal"patch on "Vocal Multi 2".
Just increase the level on the compressor(make sure it's
set for compressor,not limiter).Tweak the reverb,delay,blah,blah ,blah.

Back