finding the right cdrw for roland 880ex

samson

I'm looking for a good cdrw for my roland 880ex. Should I use the internal cdrw on my pc, go with the roland external cdrw, or another external cdrw that is comparable in quality?

Hi, it all depends on how much you want to spend,if you go to SCSI´s controled disks ,/certainly much better/,the one from Roland(F***expensives) or Plexter should be the best ones.
On a low budget ,IDE controled disks,theres so many options you should check on www.homerecording.com articles (do a search on "CD-RW") .
I´m also going to buy one (IDE) in the next days,...Sony-Teac-Plexter-Tsunami...test it on my PC before and if one of them is ok and will let you know...
see ya...

I thought i'd throw this in. I'm not sure it is correct or not but may be something to check on. When i bought my 840ex, i was also looking at the 880ex. The guy at the store said that the Roland burner would back up all of you info on your song so you could load it back into your 880 with all the settings you had saved. He said that with an aftermarket burner you could only save the music itself. He may have just been trying to get another 500 bucks from me but who knows.

That´s absolutly right!,you can only save the music,not the data from your songs,(sorry,i´ve forget about that...)with normal cd-rw.
You can save All settings with the one from Roland or less expensive with a SCSI type zip drive.
that´s it...

Back