Br900cd Usb

ajb6708

Hi all. I am new to this site and I had to register because I have seen that this is a great place to get started and an excellent place to get help. My question is about the USB on the BR900CD system. Someone told me that the reason that my computer does not see the BR900 is because I need to download some drivers from BOSS first. Is this true? I went to the BOSS site and found none. I pretty sure I am connecting it properly....is there a special USB cable I need to use? I thought they are all the same...(hence, universal serial bus). I've tried more than one cable just in case one was bad. My PC just won't acknowledge it. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

ajb6708 said:
Hi all. I am new to this site and I had to register because I have seen that this is a great place to get started and an excellent place to get help. My question is about the USB on the BR900CD system. Someone told me that the reason that my computer does not see the BR900 is because I need to download some drivers from BOSS first. Is this true? I went to the BOSS site and found none. I pretty sure I am connecting it properly....is there a special USB cable I need to use? I thought they are all the same...(hence, universal serial bus). I've tried more than one cable just in case one was bad. My PC just won't acknowledge it. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

I have the BR1600 and you have to press the "Utility" button and use the cursor button to scroll along to the "USB" icon and then press "Enter", then select either "Import", or "Export" etc.

Once you have done this it will take about 20 seconds and you should see a BR900 listing under "My Computer".

You should be able to click on the Boss BR title and carry out what you need to do!

Once again this is how it works for the Boss BR1600.

Gorty :)

I have the same problem with all my Boss recorders (BR600, 864 and 1600) but only with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 630m). They all work fine with other computers that I have (mostly desktops or older laptops I've tested with).

Personally I think there are some underlying technical issues with the Boss USB functionality. I just can't put a finger on what is causing the problem, I just know that certain computers have the problem.

Gene
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Convert Boss BR-1600/BR-1200 Projects faster with WAV-MAKER-1600!

Enter the 2006 Top Sounding Original Music Contest!
Visit http://www.topsoundproductions.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Well I still have'nt had any luck yet. Been trying but to no avail. Unfortunately I only have one computer to work with. I think I'm going to clean house and reformat and reinstall windows and see what happens.

Old thread, new (March 2020) fix for Dell laptop connecting to BR-1600

My problem was my BR-1600 would connect with all my PC's (similar configs and OS) except my Dell Latitude 6430. It would connect occasionally and inconsistently usually only with small file sizes (i.e. only exporting say one track of 15 seconds instead of 7 tracks of a 4 minute song). I found a solution that worked for me. Solution #3, Checking Your Power management settings at this website AUSlogic dot com worked. Wish I could post the link. Basically it takes the PC out of the loop for managing USB controller power saving. In summary, for a W10 machine, right click on the widows icon bottom left of screen, then click on "Device Manager". From there go to the bottom of the list that shows up and double click on "Universal Serial Bus controller". Double click on "Generic USB Hub", then go to the power management tab and deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Click "OK". Do this for everything in the list with the word "Hub" in it. Good luck and happy recording.

Back