Boss CD-1600?

Seabhacre

I'm looking at the BOSS CD-1600 hard disk recorder. I want to start recording my original songs for my band, as well as record live gigs, and maybe even record the our original material for demo, etc. The price is a bit steep, but do able. What is your opinion on this unit? Pros, Cons, etc? Are there other units, comperable in price that are better suited? What other equipment should I have as well?

BR-studios are my favorite...just do it. You have an entire GT6 for guitar and bass effects built in...vocal effects, go check one out at a store that has one on display and listen to the demos and see what you think.
If you click on my soundclick below you can see what I've achieved so far concerning sound quality.

Thanks all. I checked it out closer at a local Guitar Center. Seems kind of plastic, like a toy rather than a professional tool, but I do like the sound quality as well as the built in GT-6, Bass, Drums, and Vocal kits. Data transfer speeds over USB are SLOW, but still better than anything else in the price range. So, I'm now a proud owner of a BR-1600 and have already cut one tune using built in Drums, Bass, and Loops. The Chord mapping editor is a real pain, but sure is cool what you can do once you have all your chords in (and in the right place).

Thanks.

I dunno. People always talk about something seeming plasticy or junky. All I can tell you is I had the BR-1600 for a year and LOVED it. So, easy to use. I "upgraded" to a VS-2000 and often yearn for my BR-1600 days. You can definitely get some great songs out of that machine. One day, I'll post some of mine..............

My tunes "Hyperactive Wah Wah" and "One Of These Days" was recorded entirely using the BOSS BR1600CDR..Great Machine!

If interested click on the link in my signature.

i have a quick question. i am planning on upgrading my br-864 to a br1600cd in the next few weeks and i was wonderign if, when i track out my mpc and synth into the thing using the eight inputs at once in mono, will they actually be stereo when i bounce them down to master?

Yes dude, the master track is a double track, notice when you're bouncing, you can dictate to send stuff to the right or the left. The master on yours is track 15/16 I think.

Dumby said:
Yes dude, the master track is a double track, notice when you're bouncing, you can dictate to send stuff to the right or the left. The master on yours is track 15/16 I think.

The destination for the Mastering is set at tracks 9/10 on default, but I do believe you can choose any pair (9/10, 11/12, 13/14 or 15/16) of stereo tracks to Master or Bounce down to on the Boss BR1600.

Back