Boss BR-1200 Guitar Effects

mzabaroff

Hi there,
Hope someone can help. When I use the built-in guitar effects on the BR-1200 I get horrendous feedback from most of the effects. Loud buzzing that you'd get from standing too close to an amp. Why is this. Only a few of the effects are ok to use because of this.

You probably have something set up incorrectly with the routing, creating a feedback loop.

Check your routing.

How are you monitoring the audio output?

Thanks for getting back to me. All I do is plug the guitar lead into the input at the front of the machine and mostly use headphones. For some effects, eg Acoustic, there's no real problem. Could it be my guitar - Fender Telecaster?

Feedback = high squealing sound. Buzz/humm is something else entirely. Does the buzz diminish when you strum, and only come up loud between notes? If so, there's a compressor kicking on full-blast, check your settings.

Thanks for replying. No compressor being used. You're right....it's a buzz rather than a squeal. Changed leads, changed guitars....no change with the problem. Could it be the Boss BR-1200? Looked through the manual (not fun!) and can see nothing that tries to address this.

I use both a br1180cd and a br1600cd with a 52 telecaster or a strat with no problems...on the br1600 i do notice a headphone buzz from the front jacks.Try using the main inputs and not the front. A buzz is usually a ground problem...60 cycle hum!

Could be an electrical buzz from something nearby - fluorescent lights in the room, an old dimmer switch, a tube-style tv or CRT computer monitor. Does your guitar buzz when plugged into an amp in the same room?

I tried plugging into the rear panel and it was worse! Which leads me to think along the lines you're suggesting. Have tried a different guitar but that didn't help. Will try plugging into an amp. There is a pc in the same room but it's not right next to the Boss and the monitor is a flat screen.. No fluorescent lights, dimmer or tube-style tv but I think you're right. There must be something else causing the buzz. The buzz is different depending on the effects in the Boss1200 but the buzz is always there and really loud with certain effects. Some not much as mentioned above. Thanks, will try the amp test but confidence is low!

You are probably on the right track. Different circuits will amplify the AC buzz differently. Try taking a guitar and the 1200 into other rooms/another house. Could be the circuit in the room.
If that solves the problem, you're probably due one of THESE.

Back