where are the meters??????

thajeremy

registered abuser
I have been using Adobe Audition and I have a meter at the bottom of the screen that helps monitor inputs, outputs and other STUFF...

does protools have a similar meter??? if so....how can I turn it on?

I did...and I found meters to monitor each channel...but I want one that shows the main output....that includes everything together....

no...no manual....I just purchased this computer from someone locally and it has protools on it...im sure its not a ligit copy but im considering going to protools so I can use my mackie HUI, I thought id load a few .wav files in and play around a bit before I wipe the harddrive....

no...no manual....I just purchased this computer from someone locally and it has protools on it...im sure its not a ligit copy but im considering going to protools so I can use my mackie HUI, I thought id load a few .wav files in and play around a bit before I wipe the harddrive....

apple+shift+n (ctrl+shift+n...), select stereo master fader...

or

apple+shift+n (ctrl+shift+n...), select stereo master fader...

or

thanks man...I did figure this one out...still not the nice full screen meters that Im used to in Adobe Audition....Ill tell you...I can run Adobe in my sleep...I dont understand why anyone would want to use protools....ofcourse, Im sure that people who learned protools first dont want to use anything else...but damn...Adobe is just so user friendly, and so much easier on the eyes...

thanks man...I did figure this one out...still not the nice full screen meters that Im used to in Adobe Audition....Ill tell you...I can run Adobe in my sleep...I dont understand why anyone would want to use protools....ofcourse, Im sure that people who learned protools first dont want to use anything else...but damn...Adobe is just so user friendly, and so much easier on the eyes...

here's another cool trick, on your mix page, press ctrl+alt+apple and click on the meters....:D

Hey I weaning off Audition too. PT is better...do some tracking. It's way easier for me although for times sake I do go back to AA right now to do some tasks that I don't know on PT yet. Also the automation is fabulous....AA is tedious.

It may be my imagination, I don't really think so but my tracks sound much better with my MBox2 mini than with my more expensive 6 yr old LynxOne sound card and AA. I'm not a real techie but an engineer friend of mine said it was just improvements in the converters.....pays to upgrade to stay up with the technology I guess.

Rusty K

admit it. you're a software pirate.

shame on you.

I actually do feel kinda bad...I wont do any session work on it, but I will play around with it for a few weeks to see how much I can figure out before I buy it.

I was almost ashamed to post the thread but I decided to hell with it....I have been around here long enough...plus...I didnt even know it was on the computer when I bought it....

I actually do feel kinda bad...I wont do any session work on it, but I will play around with it for a few weeks to see how much I can figure out before I buy it.

I was almost ashamed to post the thread but I decided to hell with it....I have been around here long enough...plus...I didnt even know it was on the computer when I bought it....

what version of Pro Tools is it? I wasn't aware there was a cracked version of PT out there...normally PT always requires either a Digidesign (for LE) or an M-audio (for M-powered) interface or it won't even start up...

what version of Pro Tools is it? I wasn't aware there was a cracked version of PT out there...normally PT always requires either a Digidesign (for LE) or an M-audio (for M-powered) interface or it won't even start up...

most likely he has M-Powered...to use with his 1010's.
Sounds like someone just left M-Powered installed....technically it's pirated, but really Digi just gives away PT anyway. You can download it on their site....you just need the hardware and authorization codes to get it to work.

Do you have an iLok key for M-powered? If so then you have the license and its not pirated.

I didn't think the iLok had been cracked, yet, but I haven't really paid that much attention to PT MP.

Back