What Pro tools version do I need?

seancfc

Hey guys. How are you all today? :)

I just want to know what version of Pro tools I will need. I'm just another starter at home recording (in my bedroom).

Is there any version for home recording? How much does it cost? I actually got a pro tools installation disc with my M-Audio Fast Track 2 interface and for some reason it won't install to my computer, its like the disc can't be read, i just hear the disc make noise as if it is
loading and it does nothing :/ I don't know..

With your M Audio fast track you would need what's called Pro Tools M Powered....unless you spend the money on Pro Tools 9, I believe you can use any interface with that version of Pro Tools....

If you got a disc with your hardware you should have a code too, or an ilok right? Some form of authorisation?

If you've got that just go onto avid.com and download whatever version your disc is.
You may need to set up a free account but all the software versions are available on the website.

Don't get greedy. :p You can't open any of them without an ilok or code.

If it is mpowered it should be more than capable of whatever you want to do. It's not severely limited like SE is (I think).

If you got a disc with your hardware you should have a code too, or an ilok right? Some form of authorisation?

If you've got that just go onto avid.com and download whatever version your disc is.
You may need to set up a free account but all the software versions are available on the website.

Don't get greedy. :p You can't open any of them without an ilok or code.

If it is mpowered it should be more than capable of whatever you want to do. It's not severely limited like SE is (I think).

Hey. My disc I got with the interface is Pro Tools SE Version 8.0.3 I didnt get an iLok..

I'm not sure if SE uses an ilok or an auth code but I've a feeling it's a code.

You can download that version from avid.com like i say and try to open it.

If you're prompted for an auth code then you'll know there should be one printed in your manual or something.

I'm not sure if SE uses an ilok or an auth code but I've a feeling it's a code.

You can download that version from avid.com like i say and try to open it.

If you're prompted for an auth code then you'll know there should be one printed in your manual or something.

The first time I installed the disc into my computer it was installing.. But my laptop needed a update and it close all program's running and then restarted my computer and when I tried to reinstall the disc.. It doesn't run it again, it doesn't even optics me that there is a disc. I just hear the disc running in the cd rom. I also get a little disc spinning cursor and that's it.

The first time I installed the disc into my computer it was installing.. But my laptop needed a update and it close all program's running and then restarted my computer and when I tried to reinstall the disc.. It doesn't run it again, it doesn't even optics me that there is a disc. I just hear the disc running in the cd rom. I also get a little disc spinning cursor and that's it.

Ahh. The same thing is happening to me! It's a problem with the computer, not the disk/software. The disk that came with your interface should suffice.

Ahh. The same thing is happening to me! It's a problem with the computer, not the disk/software. The disk that came with your interface should suffice.

Brand new computer though..

I also tried it on my parents laptops and it did the same..

I hear ya man. I'm saying you can download the Pro Tools installer from Avid's site. That means you won't need the disc.

Yeh, if it asks for a code you should have it.
Digi usually print it on a label either on a yellow card or on the inside cover of the manual/user guide.

I've never run SE, so apologies if it works differently.
If you can't find it, register the product. All my auth codes right back to V6 show in my protools account.

No iLok for SE, but you will need a lobotomy after all the damage you will do beating your head against a wall. Avid should be ashamed for having released such a poor software package.

Back