Unable to bounce to disk

JMAC

Hi All,

Been having issues all day with PT10 HD not bouncing to disk.
Bizarrely it will bounce 30-40 second sections from the start and mid points of the song without any problems, but when the entire song is selected it's silence, or even just the end section, there's silence. Playback is also completely silence after this.
Have tried re-starting several times but still having the same problems.

Infuriatingly, it's just this one session. Other sessions I'm working on will bounce fine and I can't see any difference in how they are set up.

I'm using PT 10HD on Windows 8. Have tried with mbox and Asio4All and both produce the same results.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey man,
This sounds like a rare old problem. I'm not really sure what to tell you but I would take a .zip of the entire session right now for safety.

Find a tool for deleting all protools preference and database files. If you don't know what that is, it's safe.
It'll reset basic things like 'recently opened sessions' etc but on the whole you shouldn't see much of a difference.
I used to really rely on that preference trashing tool - seriously!!

Once that's done, and if it didn't help, disable every single effect or plugin and try the bounce again.
If it goes, get your process of elimination on and find out which plugin causes the problem.

If it's no good, put the effects back on but start right clicking and making tracks inactive. Again, trial and error, see if you can narrow it down to a particular track that's causing a problem.

You might try making a template from your current session then creating a brand new session from that template.
From there you can use the import->session data and bring everything in. Make sure you choose 'copy audio files to new location' or whatever the wording is.

All stabs in the dark but all things I would try.

Back