synchronizing pro tools LE with roland fantom x6

keyboardkenny

does anyone know how to sync pro tools le with roland fantom x6, I'm having a hard time recording audio tracks one by one, can you please tell me the settings I need for pro tools and the settings that the fantom needs to be set to

not that this will help but i'll fill u in on my attempt...fantom midi out to protools midi in.... i wanted to just seperate the loops and lay out/arrange the beat on protools as apposed to on the keyboard.... some how protools wouldnt always catch the first bit of information when just playing a single loop at a time... im guessin cause protools was using the first bit of info to sync up with and by the time it started recording some of the info was already passed.

KEYBOARD WASN'T MINE, I WAS JUST BARROWING FROM A FRIEND

n e ways i eventually started recording first then playing the loop, instead of letting the keyboard starting the recording process, and just trimming off the what was not needed, and just lineing it up wit the first bit of info on each layer.... some how it still was off...dont wanna say i gave up, but more or less i was seriously frustrated. he needed his keyboard back and i figured id just try again later.. that day has yet to come. hahahaha

n e ways open up protools (assuming u used all 16 layers/tracks on the fantom,) create new tracks, get 16 midi tracks and 16 stereo audio tracks. set each midi tracks inputs on protools to "digi midi 1" thru "16." the midi input number corresponds to the tracks on the keyboard. as long as u have the midi 1 input set for "digi midi 1", it will record the midi info u have for track 1 on the fantom. for recording audio set the input to "mic/line 1-2" (assuming your recording stero), but u have to have track 1 soloed on the fantom, to record just that tracks audio.

repeat for midi track 2, input digi midi 2, solo track 2 on the fantom, select the next audio track on protools, and keep the input the same mic/line 1-2, and record...

repeat again for other tracks.... hopefully this wasnt to confusing... im more of a shower then teller, hahahaha. good luck.

Back