Stretching audio blocks

Maor

im sure there's a quick and easy way to do this, but i couldnt figure it out myself nor find the answer, so here goes:

is there a way to stretch audio blocks (also snapping it to the grid in my case) while also time stretching it?

lets say ive recorded something at 120bpm, and now i changed the song tempo to 118.5 for some reason. i wanna be able to grab a 4 bar loop i have and stretch it down (shrink it) to fit the shorter period of time of the 4bar in 118.5bpm. ive activated elastic audio on it, and can manually edit hit points and move them around and warp the audio. but i want to be able to just get the mouse to the edge, drag it, and by doing that- stretching it. and in grid mode- snapping to 1/16 or whatever.

it seems really easy in cubase, but here- all i can manage is trimming the audio block (like normal), or having to do this manually, getting closer as i zoom in- but never perfect!

HELP!
thanks.

It sounds like you're on the right path.

With elastic audio turned on

• Set session tempo to the wavs original tempo
  • Make sure the wav is perfectly matched to the grid
  • change to the desired session tempo
  • make sure your wave now starts on a grid point (the end should be betwixt and between)
  • make sure you're in warp view
  • make sure you're in grid mode
  • grab the edge of the wave region and move it until it snaps in the right place

You'll have to make sure you're using the correct cursor tool, I think.
The region extend tool is probably no good. Try the grab one.

Back