somehow the track gets muted

banjo71

I am currently using XP with PTMP 8.0.5, and a Fast Track Ultra for my interface. I never had this happen to me before, except when you play with solo buttons extensively. I wasn't soloing or muting anyone, and had about 10 tracks playing back thru the monitors on a song. I stopped the music, brought up a compressor, hit play, and one voice was missing. Nothing I did brought the voice back except for saving, closing, and reopening the session. I repeated the procedure, and the same thing happened. I tried it a third time, and it stopped happening.

What am I dealing with here? Why is it muting the one signal intermittantly when I play with the plug in's? The signal meter on the track remains active when this all occurs. The compressor is a waves compressor, actually on the master track I was adjusting. Any ideas? By the way, I'm using a Glyph storage with firewire .

Waves can be glitchy if you aren't up to date.
I dealt with graphics glitches for a few years cos I didn't wanna pay them,lol.

Is PT the most recent version, and are waves up to date?

Also, is your xp version SP3?

No, my waves plugins are not up to date. I do have SP3 on my OS. You gotta pay for upgrades on them waves plugins, right? Boy, I didn't know they'd make kind of glitch. Well, as long as I don't update PT 8.0.5 anymore, nothing more should happen, right?

Tell you what,
You could install the bang up to date waves demo. They give you a temporary license for it.

That would prove if your waves version is to fault, without costing you any money.

Technically, waves updates are free, as long as you are subscribed to their 'Waves update scam.....ahem....plan'

Well, something was happening with Auto tune the same way lately. Then when I'd be bouncing to disk, it said the system resources was not good enough. So I optimized everything on the computer, like the appearance to best performance, stuff like that. It still was acting up.

So I'm now running everything on Windows 7 on a different computer. I've been trying to avoid Win 7 because it's a bit more picky with my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra. The Fast Track Ultra has some burnt transistors in it, half the outputs don't work anymore. And when that fact gets noticed by the computer, it crashes. I can go pretty long without anything getting noticed. What I'll need to do sometime is buy another FTUltra and not use the XP anymore.

No, I didn't try that. The protools 8.0.5 was working with these waves plugins fairly well until the FTUltra went bad. Like you said, it's probably all related to the interface.

No, I didn't try that. The protools 8.0.5 was working with these waves plugins fairly well until the FTUltra went bad. Like you said, it's probably all related to the interface.

If that's the case, I'd blame the interface, as strange as it seems.

Back