So. . . how 'bout that ReWire. . .

Mike_Stereo

I've been working with Protools for about a year now doing mainly guitar/bass/piano via my Mbox, but recently bought a midi controller just for shits and giggles and realized a whole world of sonic possibility. Now my only problem is getting Reason to work correctly with protools. I'm running this whole operation on my macbook 2.2 intel running 2 gigs of ram (soon upping to 3 maybe 4 to ease errors when I'm deep with plug-ins).

So at the core of my question: What the hell am i doing wrong? I've tried every combination of ins and outs i can think of but none work. . . Any ideas?

-Thanks-
Michael

What is the actual problem? You haven't said what is not working...is there and error message? Are you having trouble getting a signal from reason?

Put the rewire plugin on an aux track set the output on the plug to L or R, then set the output of the aux track to ONE [for example]. Create an audio track with the input set to ONE, and output set to your main outs.

help1.jpg

In reason select what module you are using (in the arranging window there is symbol beside the module you have chosen)

help2.jpg

Play your midi keyboard or whatever trigger you are using and you should see a green symbol in reason, and if you record enable the track in PT you should get a signal.

Is that what you mean? Or do you want to use a midi track in PT and sounds from reason?

Back