small m-audio/mixer question

jman1986

hey, i am wondering something. I have a Behringer UB2222FX Pro 22 Input Mixer with FX mixer and an m-audio Audiophile 2496 card. (great card by the way) I am using m-powered pro tools 7.3 with this. Now my question is i am using 8 input on my mixer to mix my drum set, i wanted to know if i set up all 8 mics on the kit and then coming out of the mixer of the RCA jacks and into the RCA jacks on the m-audio card, is there a way to record all 8 mics simutainously so that i can then edit each drum after it is recorded? because right now i don't know how or if i can even do this, what i do now is get the best sounding drums from the mixer and record a single stereo track into pro tools and then i can't edit any of the seperate drum mics once theve been recorded. If i can't do this with the mixer i have now, is there any other mixer i could get that i would be able to do this with?

thanks!

well you won't be able to do this without buying an extra piece of gear. Your soundcard only has 2 analogue inputs (on RCA connectors).

You'll need to buy a seperate analogue to digital converter which has S/DIF outputs in order to use the extra 2 channels of the soundcard.

Then you'll have to use your subgroups. Route the first mic to subgroup 1 and pan hard left. Route the second mic to subgroup 1, panned hard right, mic three to supgroup 2 hard left etc.

That's assuming i've read the specs right for your gear: 2 channels of analogue i/o, 2 channels of digital i/o (over s/pdif), with a mixer that has no direct outs but outputs for 2 stereo subgroups.

good luck :)

well you won't be able to do this without buying an extra piece of gear. Your soundcard only has 2 analogue inputs (on RCA connectors).

You'll need to buy a seperate analogue to digital converter which has S/DIF outputs in order to use the extra 2 channels of the soundcard.

Then you'll have to use your subgroups. Route the first mic to subgroup 1 and pan hard left. Route the second mic to subgroup 1, panned hard right, mic three to supgroup 2 hard left etc.

That's assuming i've read the specs right for your gear: 2 channels of analogue i/o, 2 channels of digital i/o (over s/pdif), with a mixer that has no direct outs but outputs for 2 stereo subgroups.

good luck :)

Back