Silent tracks

174hi

Just got some drum mics and a tascam 1641 interface. I plugged all the mics in and the interface into my mac. I set all the tracks to the inputs on the interface and now when I record the drums, it shows all the sound waves but when I am done the tracks don't make any noise when I press play. Any suggestions?

Just got some drum mics and a tascam 1641 interface. I plugged all the mics in and the interface into my mac. I set all the tracks to the inputs on the interface and now when I record the drums, it shows all the sound waves but when I am done the tracks don't make any noise when I press play. Any suggestions?

Probably just a routing problem. It may be as simple as routing your tracks to the master bus, or you might need to mess with the I/O panel in PT. Sometimes resetting the I/O to default solves it.

Since you see waveforms the input paths must be fine.
You need to make sure that each track output, ultimately, corresponds with your headphone output/speaker output.

If, for some reason, that output isn't available to you, you can reset the I/O by going to setup> I/O and clicking the output tab.
Now select all and hit delete (don't panic)
Now select default and PT will repopulate the output list.

Back