Session pre pre-rolls... wtf?

I apparently hit some key or key combination that causes pro tools to pre-roll by 8 measures, with pre-roll off on the transport. What the fuck did I hit?

Hmm... what happens if you turn pre-roll on?

I won't be at my PT computer for a few hours, but if you haven't figured it out (or no one else answers) I'll try to figure it out when I get to the studio.

BTW...what OS and PT version?

Last edited:
What about this? If you expand all of your options on the transport, is the "2 bar" button highlighted?

Hmm... what happens if you turn pre-roll on?

I won't be at my PT computer for a few hours, but if you haven't figured it out (or no one else answers) I'll try to figure it out when I get to the studio.

BTW...what OS and PT version?
It does the 8-measure pre-pre roll, and however many measures I've set on the actual pre-roll :/

What about this? If you expand all of your options on the transport, is the "2 bar" button highlighted?
Nope :(

It's odd: when I press play, the transport doesn't move for the 8 bars of the pre-pre-roll, and the "stop" button blinks. After the 8 bars, it progresses normally. Weird! :(

I'm still thinking, but without being in front of my computer it's hard to say. If it's really bugging you and all else fails you could always trash your preferences.

I'm still thinking, but without being in front of my computer it's hard to say. If it's really bugging you and all else fails you could always trash your preferences.

Wait... I can do that? 'Cause my only "preference" is that this stupid m*therf*cker plays normally! I'll try and post my results :)

Wait... I can do that? 'Cause my only "preference" is that this stupid m*therf*cker plays normally! I'll try and post my results :)

yep, if you are on a MAC

Quit Pro Tools
Browse to MacHD > Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences
Delete “com.digidesign.protoolsTDM.plist”, “DAE Prefs” (folder), “DigiSetup.OSX” and “Pro Tools preferences”.
Delete the “Digidesign Databases” folders on the first level of all mounted hard drives, then delete the "Volumes" folder in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases.
Empty trash and restart the computer.
Restart Pro Tools to rebuild prefs and databases.

I'm sure Windows is fairly similiar, but I have never used it with PT

The same thing happened to me, but only on one song. I have no idea what I hit, but it is a pain in the butt.:mad: I'd love to know the answer.

Eva

As expected, deleting all of the preferences and such fixed the problem: thanks! I'm still kinda confused about what on earth I could have hit, but there are hundreds of shortcuts in Pro Tools, so I'm not too surprised.

Back