Reinstalling Pro Tools on Snow Leopard

swampdonkey

What an idiot I am. Decided to upgrade my Mac OSX from 10.5.8 all the way to Yosemite without checking the compatibility against Pro Tools 8! Doh!
Two weeks later and after many chats with the nice Apple support folk (they were good) I have now got the OSX to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 but don't know how to get my Pro Tools back up. I originally bought the original Pro Tool LE 7.8 just as the free upgrade to version 8 applied which is what I have been using without a glitch for five years plus. My question is, do I go back to installing 7.8 then follow all the links I had for the free upgrades (thankfully I still have all the links).
If anyone can offer any advice it is greatly appreciated.:confused:

Hi there,
First up, I'm not sure there is a 7.8. Didn't V7 stop at 7.4?
Maybe I'm wrong there....

Regardless, you should be able to just jump straight to the last version you were using.
All the products you're entitled to should be listed in the downloads section of your avid account. Have you checked that?

PT is pre-ilok so you should have a serial number that you can enter after the install.

Many thanks Steenamaroo,

Your correct, it was 7.4 LE, my bad. I have located my Digidesign (now AVID) account so will give it a go today.

Appreciate your time

Many thanks Steenamaroo,

Your correct, it was 7.4 LE, my bad. I have located my Digidesign (now AVID) account so will give it a go today.

Appreciate your time

No problem. Hopefully the downloads you need will be listed.
If not, PM me. I'm sure I can help.

MBox 2 Pro frivers for PT LE 8.0.5 on Mac OS 10.6.8?

No problem. Hopefully the downloads you need will be listed.
If not, PM me. I'm sure I can help.

Hello Steenamaroo,

I managed thanks to your advice to get Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 running on my iMac OS 10.6.8, the only issue I seem to have now is getting the mac to see the MBox 2 Pro (older 2 input model). Do you know which are the appropriate drivers for this version? Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Sorry I didn't see this for so long.
I remember this being a problem - The avid interface drivers needed to be reinstalled after the PT installation.
I think you're looking for the standalone driver package, if memory serves.

It's gotta be one of the ones on this page, right?

Back