Really Weird PT 9 Error in Win 7 64 bit

samth3mancgp

I have a really bad problem in ProTools 9 on my windows 7 64 bit machine that reads

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "....BDMBDM_Workspace.cpp", line 1473.

I have tried everything. Deleting all databases and prefs, restarting the computer, restarting in safe mode, uninstalling and reinstalling Protools from scratch, it ALWAYS comes back to this error. It was working fine for about two weeks before this! What could have gone wrong? I have searched this online and all That I get is a Digi page that might be helpful if it wasn't only in Japanese.

I can get PT to start if I uninstall it, then reinstall, then start up ProTools WITHOUT restarting my computer like it wants me to. If I restart the computer It does this thing where it registers digi services or something, and messes with the PACE driver and I usually get come error and just hit ok. This all happens before windows fully starts up.

I'm pretty lost on this one.. possibly a plugin issue? Maybe I will try starting it up without any plugins installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

it's a long shot, but some people have circumnavigated this error by making sure there's no disc in the drive when opening PT LE.

Another chap uninstalled and reinstalled pro tools, but changed the directory name (eg, digidesign1 instead of digidesign) when reinstalling.

it'd also be worth trashing digi databases on all drives (inc extra storage drive / flash drives / usb cameras etc if you have any plugged in)

let us know if any of those help.

You are a lifesaver!!! Hahahahaha WOW ProTools was completely locked up before and all I did was take a CD out of my disc drive and it fixed it in a snap!

THANK YOU :)

I can't believe an audio CD upset ProTools this much!

Back