Punching In

fris9

Just ran into an issue with punching in/out that I haven't seen before. When I go to highlight the punch in/out section then rewind the start time to give it a few seconds before punch-in it removes the highlighted area. I've never had this problem before and wonder if it's just some setting that got switched?

the way i do this is by using pre-roll. Bring up the transport window, and click "pre-roll" so that the box goes white. the to the right of that type in the amount of time you want to playback before the record point starts (normally something like 2-4 bars).

Then just press record!

Thanks.....will this automatically then give me the specified pre roll everytime I highlight to punch-in, or will I have to do this everytime?

if you leave pre-roll clicked, then it will do it everytime..the annyoing thing is that it will also do it everytime you press play..not just record.

Does anyone know the function that needs to be enabled to do what I'm talking about? Again- When punching in/out before, all I did was highlight where I wanted to punch in and out, then use the rewind button to give me the amount of time I needed pre-roll. The region would stay highlighted and then start recording when it hit the region. Now when I do it, I highlight the area but when I hit rewind it un-highlights the area. That was a simple way to do it and I have no idea why it stopped. Help?

Also, when I bring up the transport window, highlight where I want to punch, then specify the amount of preroll time, it still starts recording where the highlighting starts. SL:KDhfa;dhsfg;ahsdfa;dfhas;d

Last edited:
Why don't you just do this:

put record mode in to "QuickPunch" (press 6 on the numberpad if you have keyboard focus on), and then by press record it will punch in, and pressing record again it will punch out.

Back