PT9 virtual drums?

You can make them sound good. Don't forget you should tune your drum kit as you need to for particular songs. I use Addictive Drums. They sound fine to me. Other people use EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer 2, BFD2, Steven Slate Drums, whatever. It depends upon what sound you're going for. Keep in mind these programs are a lot deeper than just dragging and dropping loops == basically as deep as you want to make them. I personally like the AD interface. It's easy to use, but then I'm used to it.

Well, not exactly THAT kind of happy ending....

...but a happy ending nevertheless!!

Here's what happened:
I bought an 003 Factory with a PT9 cross-grade. I was told at the time of the sale that "Strike" drums were included in PT9, which was a big reason why I bought the system. I had no experience with computer DAWs, or recording software, I just told the guy I wanted a good drum program. It's was important to me. I took his word that Strike was a good program (for me).

I did all the install stuff, but couldn't find the "Bomb Factory" plug-ins, or the Strike plug-in.

Turns out that the NEW installer disks for the PT8 systems don't include the Bomb Factory plug-ins anymore, and they have to be downloaded from Avid. Good to know....I wish someone had given me that heads-up when I bought the system. I thought I was installing the software incorrectly, so I did uninstall/reinstall. Waste of time. I downloaded those plug-ins. No big deal....

The sales dude said again, "PT9 includes Strike drums--look for them." So I did. And did again, and did again. BIGGER WASTE OF TIME!

I called tech support for assistance.

Me: I can't find the Strike plug-ins included in PT9.

Tech Support: Strike is not included in PT9.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The sales dude did the right thing (IMHO), and I ultimately got the Strike software plug-in authorization to me for no charge ($299 retail!), which was what I had originally bargained for. :cool: :)

Time to get to work! :D

I've played with Strike on several occasions. Very easy to get a variety of pretty solid sounding tracks. Others (previously mentioned) give you more flexibility, but I enjoyed how fast it was to get something fun, fast, with Strike.

Back