PT10 master fader??

RFR

Doing a simple 16 audio track mix. All's well.
Easy enough. Except..... where the hell is the master fader?????

Looked everywhere and cant find where to turn it on. Watched probably 2 hours of mix videos. They all show a master fader but no one tells you how to turn it on.
Help??

Hey.
You add it like you would any other track.
When you create a track you have options for audio, instrument, aux, and master. Make sure you select stereo. ;)

Thanks. So you are actually creating a new stereo track, then recording the other tracks to it?

Steen, it may be easy for you, but for me it's like I'm dealng with the son of satan himself. :D
How long did it take you to learn this shit?

Thanks. So you are actually creating a new stereo track, then recording the other tracks to it?

Steen, it may be easy for you, but for me it's like I'm dealng with the son of satan himself. :D

You do create a new stereo (master) fader, but you don't record anything to it.

You don't have to patch anything or set up any paths. Everything should automatically go through the master fader as soon as you create it.
I guess it's not already there by default because some people might want to route to external hardware and sum or master there.

How long did it take you to learn this shit?

Still learning, buddy. ;)

Whooo hooooo. Finally, a sucess. I got a master fader! Now i can see how I'm clipping the master buss lol :D works like a charm. Only thing is it placed itself between audio tracks. Track 15 is now the master and tracks 15 &16 became 16 &17. Shouldn't it be after all the audio tracks?
Well any, Thanks. I got something working and you saved my computer from being smashed.:D

I think it places it next to whatever track is focus. Just grab it by name and move it wherever you want. :)

Edit: I should add, incase you aren't aware, the number/position of any track is irrelevant in terms of input and output paths.
Track 1 could have input from interface channel 8...Protools doesn't care.

Last edited:
Back