pt 9 woes

po tool

Hello,

After bad experience PT7 (would not consistently recognize keyboard; software would not consistently work from one session to the next after turning computer off), decided to try again
with pt9.

Big box store claimed it would load pt9, insure working as condition of new computer sale--yet when arrived at house, did not work. Person who came to configure other things, network, etc, unable to fix this ( but computer otherwise works fine).

Have tried reinstalling, etc. Computer shows that "i lok" and "mbox" are present yet says it "cannot recognize hardware." What you gonna do.

Does anyone ring bell with this problem or message of not recognizing hardware? Also, understood that with "i lock" present, would not need mbox, so even if mbox now is somehow incompatible, this should not be problem (does not work with all possibilities of:
--no ilok, no mbox
--ilok only
--mbox only
--both ilok und mbox attached and recognized in "devices" part of windows.

truly, am i po tool.

po tool III

Which model of mbox are you using. The original one is no longer supported AFAIK.

You're right, PT9 doesn't require digidesign hardware, but it does require some kind of audio device, and if you're setup with an original mbox, it'll fail.
If it's a newer mbox, a lot of people have found you have to download the drivers for it separately after you install Pro Tools.

Unplug your mbox completely, set it aside, trash all the Protools preferences, then open it again.

PT should now launch using your built in audio as the primary device, which would at least let you know that the software works ok.

Hello,
Appreicate this quick reply, thanks, it sounds promising. I will try this fixes ASAP, but also
in answer to your qeustion about model of mbox, it is mbox2, v8.0 mac/xp. Will try re-install
the PT9. Then will follow your suggestions and report in program's response.

For this mbox that I have ( the mbox2 8.0) the computer did "know" it was there, and it looks
online to find a driver, but did not need to replace the driver, as it said the driver already there
was up to date. I add this just another detail of context of original question.

P.T.

Which model of mbox are you using. The original one is no longer supported AFAIK.

You're right, PT9 doesn't require digidesign hardware, but it does require some kind of audio device, and if you're setup with an original mbox, it'll fail.
If it's a newer mbox, a lot of people have found you have to download the drivers for it separately after you install Pro Tools.

Unplug your mbox completely, set it aside, trash all the Protools preferences, then open it again.

PT should now launch using your built in audio as the primary device, which would at least let you know that the software works ok.

Hi again,

No problem. I'm glad to help, if I can.

With regard to the driver, I'd recommend going to Avid.com and looking for the up to date driver manually anyway.
Digi drivers are notoriously awkward, in my experience at least.

I don't imagine a full reinstall is necessary, but it can't do any harm I guess.
The big one is the trashing of preferences. You may need to google this; I think there's a tool available to do it for you.

99% of my problems with PT were solved by trashing prefs.

Back