PT 8.0.5 running perfectly on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

stepXinXtheXmix

I just updated my system to Window 7 64 bit and had some mixed emotions about doing it, mainly due to the back and forth I've seen. But I come to testify today, that i indeed just ran through a full 30+ track session with Pro Tools 8.0.5 on Windows 7, with no hiccups!

I did run into some trouble installing it. As long as you run the 'setup' file on the dvd 'as administrator' you'll be fine. Go to Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 Update for Windows and download the 8.0.5 update and run this 'as administrator' once it's installed have fun....at least I did.

Glad to hear you got it running! I commented on your old post with that same solution, but looks like you got it figured out. Enjoy!

Hi there!

I recently read the above postings about PT 8.0.5 running perfectly. I wished I could say this ...
Is there anybody out there who knows, how to update Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 to 8.0.5 for using the expansion pack together with Eleven Rack?
If I try to install the LE 8.0.5 updater for windows, I get the message:
"This updater cannot locate a valid Pro Tools installation on your system. Press OK to continue".
This is very frustrating - can't find any solution on any forum".
Please help me to find a solution. Thank you!

Have you definitely got the correct updater version? IIRC there are different versions for different operating systems and architectures.

If all else fails I'd just uninstall PT and start again from whatever the most recent full installer is.
Once done, apply whatever updates you need. PT should find them automatically.

Updater Version

Well, I am a sort of newbie, if it comes to install software for midi/ recording. Additionally English is my mother tongue, but literally I am no native speaker. So, it is difficult for me to understand all technical specs, I wouldn't understand in German either :facepalm:
I guess you a talking about updater versions for either Windows XP/Vista/7 or for Mac... and for different ProTools Versions (8, 9 etc + LE or HD)?

Anyway, I have Windows 7 and Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 and thought I downloaded the appropriate Version, i.e.:

Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 Updater (Windows XP/Vista/7) Previous Installation of Pro Tools LE 8.x Required [1019.6 MB]

I hope there is another solution to this problem. I wouldn't want to uninstall Pro Tools first, because I am afraid to lose my Pro Tools Version, which was difficult enough to install.

Thank you for your comment Steenamaroo. Do you think there is another way?

I can't think of anything else.

I guess you either have the wrong updater version or there's something wrong with your current PT install.
Sorry.

Did you try running as administrator as per the original post? I'm not sure if your problem relates but it's worth trying.

Maybe someone else will come up with something.

help !

Could someone please post a full guide on how to get Protools 8.3 working on windows 7 64 ?

Ive been trying to sort this for ages .. and all i keep getting is error messages when i try and run the program

I have
Dell Inspireon 660
8gig ram
windows 7 home 64

official dvd of Protools 8.3

Mbox 2

Ive been updating and patching drivers and everything i can think off ... and still getting error messages

PLEASE HELP !

Cheers

Back