PT 11 broken again

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
Now it's not recognizing my UX2 and on the random chance that it does, it won't play back. The "play" button just blinks endlessly or the session says that the playback settings were changed and then it crashes.

Doesn't work with ASIO4All either. It just randomly happened an hour ago. I have the newest drivers on everything. I was in the middle of mixing when PT just said "no", quit itself and started doing this.

edit: I deinstalled and reinstalled PT 11 and the Avid HD drivers.
Any settings change that I make now leads to about a minute long freeze of the entire program before it processes. Still won't play back anything.

edit2: trashed the preferences. Now Pro Tools can't find my hardware...

edit3: I think it might not be Pro Tools. Everything else is now just emitting clicking noises. It also takes about 5 minutes to open a Pro Tools session instead of 10 seconds. One of my sessions works now but all the others don't.

edit4: it's Pro Tools.

It's now alternating between these two error messages:
Imgur
Imgur

Last edited:
Ok, a few things.

Does your interface work in general? Is it working as a system device?
It's much more likely that the problem is with the interface (or drivers) than PT.

Why is protools looking for 'hardware'? What version do you have? Is it HD?
If no valid audio device was found, it would (should) default to Avid aggregate device, as far as I know.

Did you install anything that might interfere with audio? Sound flower, a new interfaces, jack, boom...anything like that?

Launch Protools and hold N during the splash screen. This will let you choose from available audio interfaces before PT opens.
Tell is what use that is, if any. :)

No, that doesn't do anything. It doesn't default to anything. I can use PT with ASIO4All if I unplug my interface but then I can't record anything...

I have PT11, no HD. The interface works. It's been working fine up until today when I tried to set a Marker and it crashed on me.

Oh no it does open the window but whenever I change it just crashes or freezes. I can only choose between the UX2 or Asio.
I think it might be the interface.

Hmm. It does sound like it, since you can open PT without it.

I know you said you can't open sessions, though. Have you another interface to try? Even built in audio would do.

I can run PT with just Asio and no interface.

I've been meaning to replace this thing for a while. Might just do it then.

Thanks for pitching in, buddy. :)

I know you said you can't open sessions, though.

Oooh, I misread/misunderstood earlier.
Yeah, interface would seem to be the culprit.

Foor good measure, uninstall its drivers, unplug it, reboot, plug it in to a different port, reinstall drivers, reboot, then try again.

If that's no good it could be physically broken, I guess.

have you made any changes to your usb layout? like plugging in anything new,or plugging your keyboard/whatever into another port ...

you musta tried turning everything off and killing the power (unplugging it)

Back