Pt 11

polarity

Any Pro Tools 11 users yet? Anything to report good or bad. I'm highly considering picking it up in the next few days and could use some honest opinions.

Hey man.
I'm using PT10+11 at the minute.

I keep PT10 alive because I still have a few plugs that I haven't upgraded to AAX yet. That's about the only warning I can give you.
Other than that it's been business as usual. :)

The changes aren't massive to be honest. If you're on PT10 I'd take a look at the new features and satisfy yourself that it's going to be worth the upgrade first.

64bit would be very nice (as PT cant use over 2/3 of my system resources now). A friend locally has been helping teach me pro tools and it's handy to use the same software when I am having problems or questions. I would need to purchase it if I am going to keep using it. I have Studio One which I like but I like the way pro tools does signal routing (the interface part of it). Don't want to spend the $700 on the software if it's full of bugs though.

64bit would be very nice
What real word difference are you going to see? I couldn't tell 10 from 11 until it comes to bounce time.

Don't want to spend the $700 on the software if it's full of bugs though.
Fair enough. I haven't picked up on any flaws or bugs running OSX.9. It has been good to me so far. ;)

Do they still do the amnesty thing? It used to be if you could find, buy, and register an old version they'd give you the full upgrade for free.

They offer an upgrade path and if you purchased in a certain window you get a free upgrade.

As far as real world difference, the version I'm using is crashing.. a lot...This computer shouldn't be taxed by pro tools, it could be the version. Otherwise 10 would be fine (again still need to purchase) but there is no cost difference between 10 and 11.

Ah, I see.
Hard to say but if you're getting erratic performance with 10, I'd be worried that 11 would be no different.
Is there any error message with your crashes? Maybe there's something you can remedy?

PT can be fussy about any number of things.

I'm pretty sure that when you buy 11 you get a 10 license with it to cover the transition to AAX plugs.
That's certainly how it was. Not 100% sure they still do that.

I'm doing a 30 day trial of pro tools 11 at the moment, I think if you have a 64 bit OS it's well worth it, it is working flawlessly well here, I normally use Cubase 7.5 though which since the latest update also works flawlessly

Back