PT 10 released.

Only just upgraded tp PT9 a few months back.

FFS.

They want you to pay 300-500 dollars to upgrade to almost absolutely NOTHING! It's a joke to me

The only thing I find fairly useful is the clip gain, (I could just use automation so F*** that!) There's a new plugin format. (I guess that's cool)

And a whopping 3 extra plug-ins!!!

And 32-bit? "This sounds sooo much better than 24 bit." Please....

Not worth it to me.

lol 32 bit float is pretty much the common thing in other native daws.

I never upgraded from 8. 10 is pretty laughable though. The only cool and arguably innovative thing in version 10 is RAM caching.

Yeah the ADC thing is the best. Honestly I thought pro tools was a joke as a native daw until they did that... but then I learned even that had a limit put on it so I still think it's somewhat of a joke.

I wasn't aware of that but it is laughable.

I use waves tune which comes in at 3072 or thereabouts. That's a substantial chunk of my allowance gone.

Someone mentioned on Duc that you get a greater ADC limit if you run sessions at a higher sample rate.

What they fail to mention (from what i read) is that each plug introduces a proportionately greater amount of delay also.

Last edited:
I heard that at the AES convention when they announced it all, they mentioned that they are going to drop updates like 10.1, 10.2, ect and start putting out new versions every year. Next year we'll have PT11, and so on.

If that's the way they're going, I'm going to stay on pt9 as long as i can.
It's bad enough that Waves want a fortune for updates.

I really don't like the way avid operate at all. TBH, I regret starting out on Pro Tools. That's the last time I take advise from a french man.

Back