Protools Won't Bounce to Disk

RD423

I tried to bounce several songs to disk and they won't bounce, I have tried different settings and also tried to Bounce during playback as well as Bounce after. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

We're going to need a bit more info than that to help you out. Is it giving you an error message of some sort? Can you play back the session without any issues?

dreams is right,,,,more info required,,

however,,is there any chance the drive that you are using is set to playback only? are you able to record to it?

the option is found in 'window>workspace'

Ok, been away for a while, and Yes I can record on the drive and some sessions bounce just fine and others don't but I will be in the studio tomorrow and I will write down the exact error message and post it 2morrow

Ok so here is the error message that it keeps showing after I click bounce to disk and it "goes through the motions"

Assertion in

"\code\azuki_Cliff\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs\Bdm\BDline 1400

so any help with this would greatly be appreciated.

Its not educational version, and I tried to look up the error on that website and nothing, When I hooked up the same 002r and hard drive to my mac, it bounced no problem

And it gives you this msg every time you try to bounce that session? or all sessions? the more details you give us on this problem the more we can help...but right now you've lest far to many question marks for me to be any help...

And it gives you this msg every time you try to bounce that session? or all sessions? the more details you give us on this problem the more we can help...but right now you've lest far to many question marks for me to be any help...

Yea I agree. It's nearly impossible to figure out what exactly your problem is and what context your asking the questions in..... so very little descriptive detail. Take a moment and express yourself....it's good for you :)

I am having simular problems however here is a error message if that helps: Could not complete the Bounce To Disk command because Permission denied (13) while opening "All And All (The Home Recording).wav"

I finished the track previously and bounced it and it was working. I was then unhappy with it so i decided to go back onto it and mix it some more then bounce it and the error message keeps coming up at the final stage. however this is also happening when I try to open upo a new sesion on pro tools.
Error message:Could not create a new document because Permission denied (13) while creating "Untitled".

Any ideas?

Hi there,
What operating system are you on?
Where is the session stored and were are you trying to bounce to?

Also, In one of Protools' menus, I can't remember which, you're given the option to set playback/record permissions for each of the drives on your computer.
There's only usually a problem with that in odd circumstances, like reading from a USB flash drive or something.

Back