Protools Upgrade

Zman4700

Hello. I've decided that after finding out that if I duplicate 2 tracks and put a plugin on one along with a phase cancelation, and they are out of phase now after 1 3rd party plugin, its time to make my way to a DAW that doesn't destroy my whole mixes. So I'm deciding to upgrade to Protools 11 because I've heard that it has absolutely no problems with Delay compensation. First I had 4 questions that I would like to know regarding Protools 11:

1. Is the Delay compensation indeed flawless unlike ableton once 3rd party plugins are placed on a track and will sends from busses, busses with plugins one them etc. be compensated for as well?

2. A plus about ableton is that it runs VST and AU. I have a bunch of both of these type of plugins, especially all my waves plugins in .VST. How will I run all my old 32 bit .vst plugins with protools which handles only aax.

3. Is it possible to record with plugins on in protools. (Will that be automatically compensated for as well unlike ableton)

4. Are there any limitations, restrictions to protools 11 if i purchase it with a student discount?

Looking forward to responses. Thanks!

Back