ProTools LE 7 Bounce issue

cobradenim

I've tried to bounce something today and after the song plays, I get the following message box:

Could not Complete the Bounce To Disc command because Assertion in
"\code\aztec_Staley\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs/Ff\Audio\FF line 33.

Could someone help me? I am at a loss.

Thank you.

Hi there,
Has anything about your system changed recently? New drive? Moved the session folders? anything like that?
Is your disc full, or close?
Have you selected a start and end point for you bounce, ok?
If you're on a mac go into disc utility and repair permissions for the system volume with PT, and everything else, closed.

If these things don't apply I strongly recommend trashing all the PT preferences.
It's a well documented procedure. Google will throw it up for you.

Hi there,
Has anything about your system changed recently? New drive? Moved the session folders? anything like that?
Is your disc full, or close?
Have you selected a start and end point for you bounce, ok?
If you're on a mac go into disc utility and repair permissions for the system volume with PT, and everything else, closed.

If these things don't apply I strongly recommend trashing all the PT preferences.
It's a well documented procedure. Google will throw it up for you.

Nothing has changed. The disc has plenty of room. It's a Windows XP system if that helps. Thanks for the reply.

Nothing has changed. The disc has plenty of room. It's a Windows XP system if that helps. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,
No problem. I'm not sure how much I can help but definitely trash the preferences.
Sometimes ProTools just gets itself stuck in a cycle. I haven't really had these issues since PT9/10, but with 7+8 it felt like I was trashing the preferences weekly.

Hi,
No problem. I'm not sure how much I can help but definitely trash the preferences.
Sometimes ProTools just gets itself stuck in a cycle. I haven't really had these issues since PT9/10, but with 7+8 it felt like I was trashing the preferences weekly.
What does "Trash the preferences" mean?

While we're on the topic, when I bounce my files, they come out a lot quieter than they were in Pro Tools.
What am I missing?

Back