Protools 8 show all inserts/effects all at the same time?

jerberson12

mucis procedure
How do you show all the inserts/effects you are currently using all at the same time? I have 2 wide screen monitors and it would be cool if you show them all on the other screen.

Do you want to see the mix window and the edit window at once?

IIRC on windows the two are contained within one global workspace window. If you extend that across the two screens (drag the bottom right corner out) then you should be able to position the mix and edit windows wherever you want within that bigger window.

On mac they are two completely separate windows, so just drag one of them across.

Hope that helps.

No , i mean the individual effect window..... comp, EQ, reverb. They only show one at a time each effect if you click them. I want all those effect to show up all at the same time.

Ahh, that's even easier.

See the wee red box at the top right of every plugin window?

If you click that, it will stay open when you switch to a different plugin.

Unfortunately it's a little tedious having to click each window each time, but I don't think there's an 'auto off' mode.

Ahh, that's even easier.

See the wee red box at the top right of every plugin window?

If you click that, it will stay open when you switch to a different plugin.

Unfortunately it's a little tedious having to click each window each time, but I don't think there's an 'auto off' mode.

cool. hope this dont freeze my pc as sometimes, like running BFD with the edit and mix window open also, my pc freezes.

Perhaps you have a graphics issue or something?
I never had a problem with mix, edit and addictive drums visible, or any other plugins for that matter.

Back