Protools 10 not Reading Avid Mbox pro HELP

bigritual

New to Protools-
pro tools is not responding to Mbox pro-
cannot get pro-tools on mac to "hear" anything. mics or plugins.
pro tools will show levels from the the macs internal mic.
when i go to 'set-up' then 'playback engine' i do not see avid or mbox... i see built in mic, built in input, built in output or protools aggregate i/o.
how do i find or connect the Mbox?

I think there's a driver update required for these devices to be used in PT10.
I seem to recall seeing some link in one of the PT10 pages I was looking at ages ago about MBox interfaces requiring updated drivers for V9 & 10 of Protools.
My Mbox2 no longer worked once I upgraded - the USB light didn't even come on after power-up of my Mac.
Have a search on the Avid website - They'll have an update available somewhere, I'm sure.

Dags

As said, you will need the correct driver version for your mbox, if it is compatible.

Going to system report through about this mac/more info, then clicking USB will tell you if the device is recognized. ie. physically working.
(this is in system profiler in snow leopard etc).

Going to audio/midi setup in utilites will tell you if the device has the correct drivers and is being used as an audio device.

well my main issue is that when i have a track loaded and i plug in my mic to mic/DI 1 my inputs are only Built-in microphone 1 (mono), Built-in microphone 2 (mono), and built-in input 1 and 2. i dont have analog 1 or 2 nor do i have anything indicating that my mic will go through to pro tools. also my outputs are Built-in output 1-2 (stereo) and built-in output 1 and 2 (mono). whatever i try my computer is the only thing picking up my voice not my mic. on the other hand i cant even record anything because there are no record or play button in the right corner of pro tools. please help i have the updated hard drive and my computer is definitely responding with the mbox pro.

Back