Problems with basic recording

Mandolin4Jesus

Hi,

This is kind of an amateur question (new bee as you kids call it) but it falls under the Protools questions: heres my equip
Mbox Mini 3
Protools 8 LE
Condensor mic
Laptop running Windows
Headphones

Question 1

I finally figured out how to record tracks using strictly the mic plugged into the XLR input and for each track I am selecting "Input 1-mono" The first track records just fine but when I record the tracks after that the playback is really reverbed and its kind of distracting when I record another track. Not sure what I should select for output?

Q2:

Just for the heck of it I bounce the tracks (I understand this is the first step in the final mastering stage?) to disk--but it stops after a few seconds and ceases. Like the tracks are too large. Any recommendations?

Q3:

It seems as though I see a lot of people on here opting not to master and make their final editing using the software they recorded on (like Protools) Why?

Thank you!

Hi,

Q2:

Just for the heck of it I bounce the tracks (I understand this is the first step in the final mastering stage?) to disk--but it stops after a few seconds and ceases. Like the tracks are too large. Any recommendations?

I forgot to mention that when I failed at bouncing the playback was basically scratchy static. Technical terms.

Thanks!

Back