Pro tools volume

jman1986

ok I am having trouble getting a loud enough sound in pro tools m-powered 7.4. I can get a guitar sound but the volume is low and it clips sometimes. The trim is low and stuff. any ideas? how do u get a good volume with like no clipige?

Try going to new tracks, option ,select stero> audio> Master Fader>create and shold have a new master Fader.

Recording level and volume are two different things. When you are recording, you need to fill up the input meters about half way. Spikes and transients can be above the half way point, but the bulk of the signal needs to sit there.

If you are having a hard time hearing the guitar over the rest of the music, turn the other stuff down. Unless you recorded it at the level I just described, you recorded it too hot. As you add tracks that are too hot, the mix will get out of contol volume-wise.

Recording level, monitoring level, and mix level are three different things that have nothing to do with each other.

hmm ok i will give that a try on my next guitar tracking tommorow. yes i normal get the signal level about half way or even above it, wel at least on the latest song i did. And the overall volume wasn't that low either.

The point is that the recording level and the listening volume are two different things. Don't turn up the record level so you can hear something over the mix.

Back