Pro-tools plug ins for enhancing mix????

Goss-stick

So I finally got to the point, I'm confident about my mixes. Although its missing one thing! That one thing, is that fat, in your face sound basically the final enhanced mix. What I been doing lately is mixing it at my studio, then I bring it to another studio and this engineer uses exact same pro-tools but uses these 3 or 4 plug ins to enhance the track on the master fader.

What plug ins do you guys suggest I get? To achieve the final touches on my mixes?

I think what you are referring to is mastering. Mastering is a pretty in depth topic. Some of the plugins used are EQ, Compression, and a Limiter. One fairly simple mastering plugin is the Steven slate mastering suite. It is simple but works well.

I think what you are referring to is mastering. Mastering is a pretty in depth topic. Some of the plugins used are EQ, Compression, and a Limiter. One fairly simple mastering plugin is the Steven slate mastering suite. It is simple but works well.

Been researching the FG-x from Slate digital its pretty cool. And just realized thats what my engineer uses because I took a picture when he wasn't looking lol. What plug in eq, compressor and limiter would you suggest for mastering? Think the default plugins in pro-tools is okay using it along with the Steven Slate Mastering Suite?

Heh, You couldn't just ask him?

I mean this in the least rude way possible, but I'm betting that knowing what to do with the plugins is so much more important than which plugins you're using.

Protools has more than usable eqs, comps, limiters, reverbs etc.
I'd just ask the guy if he'd mind talking you through his process, then see if you can emulate it once you've understood what he has done and why.

Back