Pro Tools LE 5.2

mountainking

Hi there, I have been desperately trying to find a copy of Pro Tools LE 5.2 so that I can reinstall it on my old iMac G3 (I foolishly sold my original disc a long time ago). I finally found someone selling it on the internet but they don't have the installation serial number. This is the only copy I've seen after months of searching so I don't want to lose the opportunity, but can anyone tell me if there will be any way I will be able to install the software without the serial number?

Many thanks,
Jo.

Hi Joe,
You can install it but it won't authorise or open with the auth code.
If you ever registered your copy properly you should still have access to that code through your digidesign/avid account.
As far as I know, those codes were non-transferrable. You may have sold your disc but not your license to use ProTools.

I just logged into my avid account to check - I have auth codes for v5.1 through to v8, even though I only bought in at V6!

Also, you don't need to buy a disc. The downloads are still available from Avid/Digidesign.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think I registered at the time. Back in 2002 I bought an mbox with pro tools le 5.2 and I was using an iMac G3 with os9. I need to go back to this setup and I have everything except the pro tools software. So based on what you just told me, can I download 5.3 from Avid without any codes and get it working on mac os9? Very grateful for advice.

Damn! From what I can tell the 5.3.1 download is only compatible with windows xp. It looks like the only versions that will work with mac os 9.2 are 5.2 and 5.2.1 (I won't be able to open my sessions if I get 5.1 as they were created on 5.2). Looks like I do need to get the disc after all, unless I'm mistaken about any of this? Sorry if I sound stupid... I'm not the most tech savvy person and I'm only just getting back into this home recording stuff after years away from it. Thanks again.

Have a search man. Like I say, Avid archive all this stuff.

Pro Tools LE 5.2.1 for Macintosh

You still still need a code, though.
In fact I just checked - You need the code even to download it. That makes me think there's a remote possibility that you don't have to enter the code once installed? Hmmm....
Depending on file size I could probably download it and send it to you some how.

Back