Pro tools 9 won't recognize mbox or us 1800

MaVN

My band, Good Timing >
So I got home last night and cross graded to pt 9. When I go to hardware it dosent show my mbox.. It shows us1800, but it tells me it dosent have a buffer set and I need to set it. But the control panel dosent have a buffer setting. I also tried asio4all, and still no luck.. I'm recording my friends band on sat and really need to get this to work!!

Thanks

-MaVN

i had the same problem going from PT8 to PT9 on a mac.

As soon as i installed the crossgrade the mbox2 disappeared.

i just downloaded the mbox drivers from avid.

hope that helps.

glad you're sorted! Now go forth and make music!

For future readers, i think i was wrong about mbox 1 compatibility.

I've got 9 and a tascam US 1800
once you install the tascam driver from the disk open up the program that controls the driver settings
(on windows 7 looks like a little pic of the tascam)
set the first box to highest latency and it should work
hope this helps

does anyone know if PT9 or PT9 HD or -//- native will work with tascam DM4800 and IF-FW/DMmkII? AND i have m-audio PFLB n only 18 OUTs with PT7.4 m-powered so i wanna upgrade to PT9 (any) cause i need those channels... :/ ...or if someone can tell me any links where i can find the info needed... i really dont have money to waste on PT9 and then realize it wont work with my hardwares... :/ thank you in advance...

is it an mbox1?
i believe this is not compatible, but i'm not 100% certain.

Hi,
Im having the same problem,
could you please let us know how did you make the Mbox1 work with protools 9?

Assuming that your Mbox its the first model, alitle tower with focusrite preamps, light blue at the front.

Thanks

3G mini is a modern unit that is compatible with PT9.
Like I say, I'm pretty sure the original mbox is not compatible but I'm still not 100% certain. :p

Avid.com is sure to have the answer though.

Back