Pro Tools 8.0.5 Elastic Audio too slow

Sydney

Hi!

I just starting using Elastic Audio - seems to be working perfect when I preview a wav file in the workstation view, but when I get the wav file into the edit view, it's much slower, and not lining up to the rhythm of the click track like it did in the workstation view. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Why is it slower and offbeat?

Thanks!

Hey Sydney,
I'm not sure what you mean by workstation view. Can you describe, or show me?

In the edit window, are you working in grid mode? Is the session tempo set correctly and is the grid set to beats, rather than mins/secs/samples etc.

Thanks for the reply Steenamaroo!

Whoops - I meant workspace view. I'm sending a screenshot as well (hopefully I attached it correctly)

The file I'm trying to work with is the one called "Beef With Siri.mp3". Doing the elastic audio (rhythmic) works perfectly when "auditioning" it in the workspace view, it slows it down perfect to 101 tempo that I have set on the transport. But when I drag the file into the edit view, it's way slower, and not lined up with the beat at all.

I'm pretty sure that I have the tempo set up correctly and the grid set to beats, unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible, I'm very much a newbie).

Thanks!

Hey,

Whoops - I meant workspace view. I'm sending a screenshot as well (hopefully I attached it correctly)

LOL. Didn't mean to sound picky.
I'm a long time PT user, but I never use the workspace window.

I'm not really sure what's going on.

I know that ProTools should ask you if you want to import the clip's tempo or have it conform to session tempo.
Perhaps there's an over-riding option in the preferences or something?

Hi Steenamaroo,

Hey I got it to work! I right-cliked on the track and selected "remove warp". That did it. I have no idea why, but whatever, as long as it works.

Appreciate the help! It steered me in the right direction.

Back