Pro Tools 7.4: Click is getting in recorded audio tracks!

SMX_Dizzy

Say I want a click, 150 bpm. I want it to count off for 4 measures and play when recording, but I don't want it to be recorded in my audio tracks. It always ends up in my recorded tracks, which I don't want to happen. Is there a way to get the click to sound while recording, but not end up in my recorded tracks??

I have the click's output set to Out 1-2, which is the same output setting as my two tracks. Right now I have two audio tracks. I am using monitors through Out 1-2. The click is set as no input.

I got it to a point where it makes just the slightest noise (-72.9), but still noise nonetheless. I have no idea!

(disregard the click track being muted)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 31
Are you listening with headphones?

Get some closed headphones like sennheiser HD280's. Or just turn the click down in your headphones!

No, I'm listening through monitors: Out 1-2. I have the two recorded audio tracks, right? Well, there is still a hearable click in them...you can kinda see the pattern in Audio 2. It's not a matter of turning the click down in the headphones, it's a matter of it's becoming parts of my recording audio tracks, and not being its own click track.

So, where is the mic? Is it in the same room that you're listening in? Or do you have a booth or isolated room of some sort? What exactly are you trying to record?

that's because the click is being played out of your speakers, into the room you're in and being recorded by the microphone you're standing in front of.
Microphones can pick up noise that is in the room with you....your computer fans, doors shutting, street noise, and metronome sounds being played out of the speaker.

You need to get a set a headphones and record with them on your ears.

that's because the click is being played out of your speakers, into the room you're in and being recorded by the microphone you're standing in front of.
Microphones can pick up noise that is in the room with you....your computer fans, doors shutting, street noise, and metronome sounds being played out of the speaker.

You need to get a set a headphones and record with them on your ears.

Damn, I can't believe I'm that stupid! Thanks for setting me straight.

Back