Pro Tools 7.3 and Factory plugins - internet activation necessary?

paw1

I'm planning on selling my long retired Mbox 2 Factory/Pro Tools 7.3 bundle. If I can get a tenth of what I paid I'd be very happy.

I still have all CDs and the iLok that came bundled with the Mbox. There are CDs for Pro Tools 7.3 and there's a CD for the Factory plugins, both with dedicated serial numbers/activation codes. I'm pretty sure I registered Pro Tools after I installed it many years ago, but Avid doesn't seem to recognize the mail I used, and I'm unable to log in or get a new password.

So, to the point of this thread:
If I sell the bundle to someone, does he/she need to get on the internet to activate Pro Tools 7.3 and/or the Factory plugins? I really can't remember. If so, considering my account is MIA, he or she won't be able to use Pro Tools and possibly not the Factory plugins either, making the bundle essentially worthless. I don't have a PC with Windows XP no longer, so I can't check it out myself.

Can I sell the bundle confident that the buyer will be able to use both Pro Tools 7.3 and the Factory plugins?

-paw

Tried a similar thing once with an mbox gifted to me. Discs, ilock and everything.
Pt wanted a 50 dollar ownership transfer fee, the serial number of the machine and some info on the original box, and invoice. Some of which were unavailable
I gave up and declined the gift.

In my case the hoops we had to jump through were too much.

Tried a similar thing once with an mbox gifted to me. Discs, ilock and everything.
Pt wanted a 50 dollar ownership transfer fee, the serial number of the machine and some info on the original box, and invoice. Some of which were unavailable
I gave up and declined the gift.

In my case the hoops we had to jump through were too much.

That's bad news. I was hoping to get rid of it, but it's not bad enough to just scrap.

Thanks for the reply though.

Edit: And by the way, the kind of behavior you just described is the reason why I'm no longer an Avid customer.

Back