Pro Tools 11 I/O set up with Tascam US-1800

fuzzsniffvoyage

Okay, PT recognizes the US-1800. I did the default thingy in the set up window. It's showing each channel as stereo and mono. But when I go to the channel and select the input, it's only show the stereo pairs. I don't want to record in stereo. I can select the digital in stereo and hear my guitar going through my 11 rack. but i can hear the right channel coming in clean. Also the 11 rack editor wont open while PT is in session. and if I go to the desk top view, the PT wont come back up. WTF's going on?

I can't even do a ctrl+p to to do a screen capture. To post a pic of what's going on here.

So far I am not impressed by Pro Tools. I have been using Sonar for several years, so I'm not a complete noob with DAW's.

edit...Oh I'm using a PC w/Windows 7 Pro 32 GB RAM 250 GB SSHD+2TB HDD + 1 TB HDD. The version of Pro Tools is 11. I believe it to be installed correctly. and I up dated all the drivers on the Tascam.

Last edited:
Fuzz, not a Protools guy, but I know on the DAW I use, I have to select which inputs will be used in the DAW, Channel 1-2 Stereo, Channel 1-2 Mono, etc. Have you checked for a setting like this? Could be on the Stereo inputs have been activated.

It's showing each channel as stereo and mono. But when I go to the channel and select the input, it's only show the stereo pairs. I don't want to record in stereo. I can select the digital in stereo and hear my guitar going through my 11 rack. but i can hear the right channel coming in clean. Also the 11 rack editor wont open while PT is in session. and if I go to the desk top view, the PT wont come back up. WTF's going on?

Sounds like you're using a stereo track. Try a mono track.

So far I am not impressed by Pro Tools.

Not think might be a touch early for that?
All Daws are different.
I could teach protools but I couldn't run a basic session in reaper. I still know both are worthy of recommendation, though.

Fuzz, not a Protools guy, but I know on the DAW I use, I have to select which inputs will be used in the DAW, Channel 1-2 Stereo, Channel 1-2 Mono, etc. Have you checked for a setting like this? Could be on the Stereo inputs have been activated.

In the set up screen, PT is showing stereo and mono, ie.
Stereo 1&2, mono Left/mono right
Stereo 3&4, mono Left/mono right
ect.

But during the session, when I select input, interface, all PT shows is Stereo 1&2, Stereo 3&4, Stereo 5&6, ect. it wont let me select say mono left digital input. or mono left 1.

On pay day I'm going to buy a PT11 book. any suggestions?

This looks like this is pretty handy: Pro Tools: 1 Overview, about midway down it walk through the setup. Give that a try. Maybe Steen can point to some decent sites that will guide you through the process.

Let us know if this helps.

Back