pro tools 10 + win 7 troubles

jamesbecker

so decided to make the move from cubase to pro tools a few weeks ago.

installed everything fine, but working with it on my laptop is very sketchy.

worked ok after i got i changed a few settings, then decided to not play the game.

kept getting clocking errors, even though i dont have an external one and should default to built in.. tried to see what the clocking source was set as and cannot find it anywhere. isn't anywhere under the usual setup tab.

am using a Toshiba Satellite L750 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU 2.40ghz processor with 4gb ram as laptop with presonus usb audiobox for interface.. everything works fine with cubase so not really sure what the problem is, any help would be great!

also when i did eventually get it to work for 10 minutes, i could not hear any play back.. possible routing problem? not sure but any help could be great

Hi James,

Is your audiobox selected as the audio device in Protools? (Setup > Playback Options)

Once it is you may have to adjust the IO paths (Setup > IO).
The easiest way is to delete all paths then just click default for input and for output.
That should populate the list with the proper IO for the audiobox.

Last edited:
If you play around with settings, and afterwards get no sound but everything seems right. Usually restarting pro tools will fix the issue. Unless there is something still off about the clocking source or routing. But for me in the past it usually solves issues like that. And I couldn't see it changing much, but in 10 is clocking source not under "setup" then "Hardware"?

tried restarting.. might uninstall everything and re-install. clocking source should be under hardware but it isnt, ill take a screen shot of what it says when i get back from uni today.

everything worked, and still does, perfectly in cubase

Back