please help! need advise

Braxton

1 ProjectMixIO FireWire Interfce/Cntrl Surf 27
>1 PTMP Pro Tools M-Powered 1
>1 CSTower Creation Station Tower Dual Core 45
>1 HP60 6-Ch Headphone Monitor 6
>2 512MB533 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2 DIMM Module 1
>1 Install1 Install: turnkey system

will this be good enough to start my home studio, I know i need mics and the headphones to go but im so confused some say protools is bad some say its the greatest....this entire system comes from sweetwater.com at about $3500.oo

1 ProjectMixIO FireWire Interfce/Cntrl Surf 27
>1 PTMP Pro Tools M-Powered 1
>1 CSTower Creation Station Tower Dual Core 45
>1 HP60 6-Ch Headphone Monitor 6
>2 512MB533 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2 DIMM Module 1
>1 Install1 Install: turnkey system

will this be good enough to start my home studio, I know i need mics and the headphones to go but im so confused some say protools is bad some say its the greatest....this entire system comes from sweetwater.com at about $3500.oo

From what I can tell, you are looking at:

Pro Tools MP on the Project Mix, which gives you 8 inputs
PC to run it on
Extra RAM
Headphone Distribution amp for 6 musicians
all preinstalled

My questions to you to give you better answers are:

How new to all of this are you? Do have any experience doing digital recording in a computer at all?

Are you going to need to record with up to 5 other musicians at the same time or are you going to record the tracks yourself one at a time?

Do you already have some kind of monitors to use, home stereo or something else?

Have you budgeted anything for microphones?

The above system will work, probably really well since they are loading the software for you, A co-writer of mine bought a Digi003 rack from Sweetwater and loves the support they provide for troubleshooting. But you don't have any microphones, headphones, MIDI keyboard (if you play keyboard), or sound treatment for the room you will be putting all of this in.

Bottom Line: can't help you too much unless we know how many sources you plan to record simultaneously, what equipment you already have and what the purpose of your studio is going to be......

bilco

From what I can tell, you are looking at:

Pro Tools MP on the Project Mix, which gives you 8 inputs
PC to run it on
Extra RAM
Headphone Distribution amp for 6 musicians
all preinstalled

My questions to you to give you better answers are:

How new to all of this are you? Do have any experience doing digital recording in a computer at all?..... Im very new but have been studing for months and have been doing demos on drums in a studio for many years so im not scared of it...

Are you going to need to record with up to 5 other musicians at the same time or are you going to record the tracks yourself one at a time? Recording only 4 maybe! with a scratch vocal

Do you already have some kind of monitors to use, home stereo or something else?........ Still looking for monitors i like

Have you budgeted anything for microphones?..... Brother inlaw works for AKG In Nashvile and working on my set up, also besides acoustic drums, I also have a yamaha DDSIII electronic kit. also AKG headphones are being worked out also. I have posted pics of my building in the other post let me see you studio and it has a control room, live room, vox booth and tratment will begin as soon as its ready to move into.

The above system will work, probably really well since they are loading the software for you, A co-writer of mine bought a Digi003 rack from Sweetwater and loves the support they provide for troubleshooting. But you don't have any microphones, headphones, MIDI keyboard (if you play keyboard), or sound treatment for the room you will be putting all of this in.

Bottom Line: can't help you too much unless we know how many sources you plan to record simultaneously, what equipment you already have and what the purpose of your studio is going to be......

bilco
Thank you so much for asking the questions and responding back to me/ Happy New Year.....Braxton

Braxton, call Sweatwater and dial ext#1388 when they ask...speak to Chris, he will give you the best advice you can get and with you in mind. Tell him dac refered you.

dac

Back