Performance problems with PT

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
Hey,

it's me again.
I'm having some performance issues with PT10 again on my desktop.
I have PT10 on my laptop which is vastly inferior to my desktop PC but it never has an lag or buffering issues but I get an error message at least once a minute on my PC that the program isn't getting data fed quickly enough from my HD. I have SSDs and Quad Core CPUs in both of them and I'm using the exact same Pro Tools file. The one on the desktop even has less plug-ins working since I don't have Guitar rig running over two of the tracks.

I tried lowering the buffer size and delay compensation engine and it has helped marginally. What else can I do and what is the bigger issue? My desktop clocks in much higher in benchmarks than my laptop.

I tried lowering the buffer size and delay compensation engine and it has helped marginally. What else can I do and what is the bigger issue?

There's probably more to it but you should be raising the buffer size to avoid issues.
A 1024 buffer size is less likely to have hiccups than a 128 buffer size, for example.

If that's no use, come back and let us know. :)

Ha, ya, my bad :P

I've figured out that my SSD might be dying. It's an early model and apparently they start to slow down quickly :/

Back