Newbie - Pro Tools First problem

Saapanael

Hello, the following is about an input selection problem.

I'm a newbie who has been using Audacity to mix my stuff so far, but I wanted to move on to something more advanced while still keeping it free for now, so I downloaded Pro Tools First. However, it doesn't seem to recognise my audio interface. For recording, I have always connected my guitar amp to my computer via USB. In Audacity, I have the option to select either my mic (cheap one, don't use it for recording) or the amp as the input. In Pro Tools First, only the mic option is available. I attached pictures of both programs' input options while having the amp connected.
Is it possible that for some reason, Pro Tools First doesn't recognise my amp, the Blackstar ID:15, as a viable interface and is uncompatible with it? I had the understading that it would support any interface but I may be wrong. Does anyone know how to help me out here?

Also, while I'm at it, something really weird: Whenever my PT First is open, I can't play Youtube videos. Or if they are playing beforehand and I then open PT, the sound of the video gets muted. Really weird but nothing too frustrating.

Attachments

• 2618b4c45afec2a74c7316e8af30766f.png
    2618b4c45afec2a74c7316e8af30766f.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 6
  • e56042587331fe82f083c68f24c333ec.png
    e56042587331fe82f083c68f24c333ec.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey, I'm a Protools guy but not a windows guy so my help will be limited.
I read, however, that Protools first supports any "Core Audio or ASIO compatible interface"

I'm pretty sure you'd just need to download and install ASIO4ALL, and then select it as the input device in Protools.

Nice one! :)

I don't know if that'll help with system audio cutting out when you launch Protools. I guess it should now that PT is using one interface and system is using another?

It's a long time since I used PT and windows (7.3!) but it was always annoying that way.

Back