New to ProTools

bart2712

So, I finally got around to getting hold of a copy of ProTools and trying it out. Running ProTools 10 now. I've used only Reaper for a very long time, and gotta say, I'm loving ProTools...I actually quite prefer it over Reaper, especially the feel of the plugins. Somehow, I just find it to be easier to get a better mix with PT than I could with Reaper...maybe its a mental thing.

Hey Bart,
That's cool. I'm glad you're getting along well with it.
I just gelled with ProTools straight away. It's expensive and it has its quirks, but everything in it just feels logical and intuitive to me.
Reaper, logic, cubase etc look great but I just couldn't get comfortable with them.

I know PT pretty well. If you need any help, just shout. :)

thx a lot, steen...yeah, idk what it is...even though ive used reaper for years now, somehow protools just felt more natural to me, and i like how the plugins operate much better. Ill be sure to PM you if i come across anything I cant figure out.

thx a lot, steen...yeah, idk what it is...even though ive used reaper for years now, somehow protools just felt more natural to me, and i like how the plugins operate much better. Ill be sure to PM you if i come across anything I cant figure out.

No probs. :)
I've used the dyn3 compressor to illustrate threshold/ratio/knee on here before.
The visuals make it very easy to understand, I think.

i agree, and a lot of the plugins have dials and such that kinda make it feel more like outboard gear, unlike the plugins that come with reaper.

It's fun. But in reality, most of the super special features don't even come into play unless you have a desk or are mixing for films.
The program can do so much, the audio almost feels like an afterthought :p

very true...ive just found that, at least so far in my limited experience with PT, I somehow feel more like Im working on a real mix using PT rather than reaper. IDK what it is specifically, I just prefer PT for the time being.

Back