NEVER DO THIS (this thing i did)

giraffe

i love negative rep
started a session recently and i (ptle 6.4) and i set the sample rate to 48k. (which i never do, usu 44.1) and proceded to clock it of off an audiofire unit that i was using as da into the s/mpte.
and had the da, the master set to 44.1.

and that's fine, as long as you keep it slaved to something at 44.1 everything is fine.

untill you bounce..........
and you find out that the tempo/pitch of the song (songs, did i mention that this is a paying customer? thank god- friends that i do cheep, but still...)
and that thing what you bounce is at the higher speed/pitch as dictated by recording something at 44.1 and then playing back at 48.

i'm sure only some of you truly appreciate this..........
so, how do i get it to play back the samples (into it's self) at the proper rate?
i tried opening a new session at 44.1 and import session command, but the computer just converted them to 44.1 instead of playing them at the proper speed.
i think these songs are lost at this point, we've put in a lot of work, and the stuff sounds very good. and i feel like an idiot.

i tried to import a 2 track bounce (that was bounced at 48) into a 44.1 session.

it converts.

my last try, i export the files as exactly the format i want (except at 48), at dual mono.
then i import the 2 track into a 44.1 pt session without convert (using the add option, which wont appear if the files are stereo, or not the proper format.

finally, they play back at the speed they were performed at.

so when i bounce, i have to do it as dual mono 48 k, then import into a 44.1 session, and then bounce AGAIN out to 44.1

but at least we don't have to re-record.
(keep in mind that it plays at the correct speed in pt as long as i clock it to some other device at 44.1)

any way......

NEVER DO THAT.

been there, done that. I know what you're feeling. In the future, try this:

go to Windows>Show Workspace and locate the audio files on your drives. Once you locate them, scroll over to the 'Sample Rate' column for those audio files and change the sample rate to the correct sample rate for the files . They'll show '48100', so just change them to '44100'. Then close the session, create a new session at the correct sample rate of 44.1k and, from the File menu, choose 'Import Session Data' and point it to the original session file. You'll then be able to import the tracks from the original session, exactly as you had it set up in that session, along with the audio files. Make sure to choose the option to 'Copy All Media' and uncheck the option for 'Apply SRC' (sample rate conversion).

been there, done that. I know what you're feeling. In the future, try this:

go to Windows>Show Workspace and locate the audio files on your drives. Once you locate them, scroll over to the 'Sample Rate' column for those audio files and change the sample rate to the correct sample rate for the files . They'll show '48100', so just change them to '44100'. Then close the session, create a new session at the correct sample rate of 44.1k and, from the File menu, choose 'Import Session Data' and point it to the original session file. You'll then be able to import the tracks from the original session, exactly as you had it set up in that session, along with the audio files. Make sure to choose the option to 'Copy All Media' and uncheck the option for 'Apply SRC' (sample rate conversion).

you must spread reputation around before giving it to bennychico11 again.

:)

i tried opening a new session at 44.1 and import session command, but the computer just converted them to 44.1 instead of playing them at the proper speed.

check the box that says "convert files on import" or something like that. you can force tools to play a 48k file at 44.1k..

Back